By William Deverell,Greg Hise
- The first Companion supplying a old survey of l. a., incorporating severe, multi-disciplinary issues and leading edge scholarship
- Features essays from more than a few disciplines, together with historical past, political technology, cultural reviews, and geography
- Photo essays and ‘contemporary voice’ sections mix with conventional historiographic essays to supply a multi-dimensional view of this vivid and various city
- Essays hide the most important themes within the box inside of a thematic constitution, together with demography, social unrest, politics, pop culture, structure, and concrete studies
Read Online or Download A Companion to Los Angeles (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history_1 books
That includes a facet of Tejano background too frequently ignored, writer Arnoldo De León indicates that individuals of Spanish-Mexican descent weren't passive gamers in or, worse, absent from West Texas historical past yet as a substitute have been energetic brokers on the heart of it. the gathering of essays in Tejano West Texas—many by no means ahead of published—will right a long time of historiographical oversight by means of emphasizing the centrality of the Mexican American event within the heritage of the quarter.
Surrounded by way of the attractive Shawangunk Mountains, Ellenville, manhattan, is a gateway among the Catskills, the Hudson River Valley, and ny urban. Its humans and areas are what make Ellenville designated. Artists, employees, marketers, and nationwide figures are between Ellenville�s voters. Its architectural gem stones contain the Ellenville submit place of work and Hunt Memorial construction, situated within the center of the village on Liberty sq.; either are within the nationwide check in of old areas.
Teaneck is a spot with deep roots that extend again to its local American and Dutch origins, and successive generations have left indelible marks on its soil. Now, with assistance from this attractive, easy-to-read consultant by way of a guy with a wry and passionate feeling for its tale, you could stick to these roots in 4 mapped walks, see interval pictures, and browse reminiscences of the way the city has fared in the course of the a long time.
Coronado nationwide Memorial explores forgotten pathways via Montezuma Canyon in southeastern Arizona, and offers a vital historical past of the southern Huachuca Mountains. it is a magical position that formed the area and international locations, the U.S. and Mexico. Its historical past dates again to the excursion led by means of Conquistador Francisco Vásquez de Coronado in 1540, a trifling forty-eight years after Columbus’ first voyage.
- Pend Oreille County (Images of America)
- It Happened on the Santa Fe Trail (It Happened In Series)
- The Long Argument: English Puritanism and the Shaping of New England Culture, 1570-1700 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History ... and the University of North Carolina Press)
- John Nelligan: Wisconsin Lumberjack (Badger Biographies Series)
- “The Most Dangerous Communist in the United States”: A Biography of Herbert Aptheker
- The Monied Metropolis: New York City and the Consolidation of the American Bourgeoisie, 1850–1896
Additional info for A Companion to Los Angeles (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Los Angeles (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by William Deverell,Greg Hise